Music Banter - View Single Post - Some Animals Are More Equal Than Others but Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others...
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 05:29 PM   #54 (permalink)
Son of JayJamJah
Occams Razor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave View Post
this is relative to the individual and how they want to handle their money and their perception of happiness.

the idea that we live in a society with 'slave wages' seems to be perpetuated by whiny kids (regardless of physical age) who want to measure their worth against their neighbors rather than against themselves and who generally act like they're entitled to an active social life as a basic human right. (yes, this is a huge generalization)

just because someone works a job doesn't mean they're entitled to a house in the burbs with a nice car in the driveway. they need to step up in their work for it, and if they can't manage to keep an apartment running then how the hell do they honestly expect to be able to keep a house running?
Coming from a life that saw an 11 year old me sleeping in an 8x8 room with two siblings while My Parents and Aunt and Uncle shared a "master" bedroom to today where I have three times as many bedrooms as occupants in my house, nothing rubs me the wrong way more then entitlement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy jack View Post
That's not really what I was getting at all. I didn't even say the United States was a society with slave wages. It's not and that's because of wage laws but total free marketeers (see Inuzuka Skysword) think government regulation like that is immoral and wrong. I just don't understand how they can look at sweat shops and the like and think that's a product of morality.
Sweet Shops are a product of supply and demand mixed with a twinge of greed and desperation and are horrible realities. The problem with government regulation is that the track record of the last fifty years is obscenely corrupt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboard adolescent View Post
i prefer foreplay. the orgasm is overrated.
If you're posting in the music forums make sure to be thoughtful and expressive, if you're posting in the lounge ask yourself "is this something that adds to the conversation?" It's important to remember that a lot of people use each thread. You're probably not as funny or clever as you think, I know I'm not.

My Van Morrison Discography Thread
Son of JayJamJah is offline   Reply With Quote