Music Banter - View Single Post - Let's collaborate - write & record together, only separately!
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 01:19 AM   #52 (permalink)
Kamikazi Kat
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Birds View Post
there wasn't much else for me to do.
as you've both said this lacks organization.
also experimental music is noise.
I'm not blaming you, or anyone in particular for the lack of organization. I don't really care, all I care about is getting things going.

Maybe a good way to start off is to at least get a list down of who is going to be in, what instruments they can play and other talents. Send everybody here that was interested a PM asking for what they can contribute so things can get organized.

You said you were making some guitar riffs right? Post some samples of those, it doesn't matter what length they are, but it will give me an idea of what I might be able to do with them on the drums. After hearing them we could discuss the details. If you have a few different ideas we could work out a verse, chorus, verse, chorus thing, or at least some song structure, variation, progression or something different then a guitar riff and drum track for a few minutes. It doesn't have to be complex or anything, or it could be just guitar, bass, drums with people taking turns soloing over it. I'm open to all ideas. I think we should also focus the discussion on this forum instead of myspace or facebook, or at least have an idea on which one we are all going to use. People have already created multiple groups for this thing on facebook or myspace, there should only be one.

Also, all of the material I've contributed so far, just so they are all in one place. I just realized that rapidshare has a download limit for free users. Any better ways I can upload this stuff?

Drum Beat 1
Drum beat 2
Drum Beat 3

Bass Line 1

Last edited by Kamikazi Kat; 06-25-2009 at 01:39 AM.
Kamikazi Kat is offline   Reply With Quote