Music Banter - View Single Post - Let's collaborate - write & record together, only separately!
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 07:21 AM   #55 (permalink)
cavanherk
barefoot troubadour

Quote:
I'm not blaming you, or anyone in particular for the lack of organization. I don't really care, all I care about is getting things going.
Sorry, I honestly opened this up to get basics debated and begun, and I did not really envision this being done so quickly but it's cool that the interest is there.

Quote:
I'm just saying... do it how you guys want to do it... But if you need some help, just let me know.
Perhaps Veridical Fiction speaks the truth, and perhaps we should organize it a bit better, but the intent was for a simple all-inclusive collaberative effort, and I think posting the files for download here on MB is the best way to present work that anyone can add to and then re-post, with a bit of description as to what has been added to which track. I think this is already flowing in the right direction.

That is, if one drum track (and I was only able to download the 1st one, and as you said, Kamikazi Kat, I'm limited to downloading only that one today) inspires someone's bass or rhythm then just do it and repost it, and let it build naturally. IF two or three or four people dig the same file and want to organize something more structured then go for it!

Quote:
I'm open to all ideas.
Me too. I figure you are right on with uploading the drum files, and feel free to go ahead and string together a verse chorus verse bridge chorus or whatever structure and we can build on it. I'm already excited, so let's not get bogged down with too many rules right away. We're not going to die tomorrow...I hope. Plus we want to invite involvement from any user.

Quote:
Do they have a download limit? The main problem with rapidshare is it seems to only allow one download per day, which isn't really going to work. I'll check out those sites though.
I am blocked from many of these sharing sites while at work...but this part of this collaboration is the backbone, so let's hope we can find a good one.

Last edited by cavanherk; 06-25-2009 at 07:32 AM.
cavanherk is offline   Reply With Quote