Music Banter - View Single Post - The Decline of The Daily Show
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 08:49 PM   #14 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
I love Buchanan too, but every time I say so someone tells me it's because I am conservative slappy.

I'll admit I've tuned in much more regularly to Matthews since you're recommendation and I have to say it's pretty good as far a shows of that format go.

And the Daily Show and Colbert are both garbage to me, recycled Jokes with new headlines thrown in, it's a longer, unfunnier weekend update five nights a week.
The thing about the show that I appreciate is that you're never able to predict where he'll come down, because he actually thinks and goes on opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surell View Post
Matthews as in Chris? Well he talks a little more than he should. Sometimes his guests can't get much of a word in. I mean, he's pressing, which I kinda like, but it gets in the way of letting his guests talk.

I don't mind him too much though. My dad certainly hates it.
Yeah and he fully admits that. What he doesn't let his guests do is get off on talking points, long winded points, or bull**** either. And he's said on his show, when you come on, regardless of where you are, his goal is to tear you down. The people who know what they're talking about are fine. Those who don't are embarrassed.

They had John Ensign on pre-scandle and he was talking about the Iran Resolution Congress passed, and he drilled him about how it compromises out Foreign Policy for a good 7 minutes, and then at the end he says "I think you guys did a brave thing, and I think its a very good position, I respect what ya did and for coming out here today"

I'd have never given him Meet the Press, but after Russert left us, he's the only guy out there actually grilling people.