Music Banter - View Single Post - The Decline of The Daily Show
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 10:44 AM   #21 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
Well, in my defense, I probably watch a lot more cable news than you do. And I made this thread to say how sick I'm getting of Jon Stewart, so I do think I can see things from outside the prism of The Almighty Daily Show. But, other than than that, you're right on. Also, hasn't Chris Matthews said repeatedly his longtime dream was to be a member of the Senate?

I mean, listen, you're the one who asked one of us "****ing pussys" to actually tell you "what our ****ing problem is with Matthews." That's all I was doing. It's just my opinion, ill-informed or otherwise, and I might be wrong, sure. It seems to me that you suffer from a lot of the same personality flaws Matthews does, though
I should be so lucky.

In all seriousness though, your opinion is one thing. To flex objective as if its fact is quite another. What I'd love to know is how you think Olbermann isn't a better comparison to O'Reilly.

You claim to watch more Cable news than me, but I don't know how much of its sinking in. What cable news do you watch? Who do you watch?

Regardless of who's opinion falls where, you painted punditry, punditry you clearly don't watch, with a broad stroke. I'm asserting that theres still good jorunalism exhibited out there, and I used examples.

You're welcome to do the same. I suggest you Youtube a few shows quick so you have some reference point.