Music Banter - View Single Post - MusicBanter's 2nd Annual 'Get Rid Of Some Tedious Chain Threads' Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 08:18 PM   #13 (permalink)
lucifer_sam
Unrepentant Ass-Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
This site is polluted with crap, I've noticed it a lot more since I've been on a bunch in the past couple months One and two word answers to questions asked rhetorically or weeks ago, pointless threads abound, numerous posters who almost exclusivity post in the lounge and non-music forums.

I know I've been one of the loudest but I was quiet for years and will be again if I am the only one or one of a small minority who feel this way.

I think to really solve the problem we need to look at the type of people who start and propagate these threads and compare that to their other contributions to the forum. I see no problem with cutting the dead weight, there a lots of forums on the net, no need to guarantee their right to post in this one.

I understand the concept of fairness and equality, but I also think that sometimes we protect the letter of the law as opposed to the spirit. The idea of having the rules is to protect the interest of the people who make up the community.

I will be happy to except a banning if and when a significant number of this sites members find my contributions to be detrimental to the site.

all quite true. there are quite a few members that are hell-bent on posting in the lounge rather than the music forums, and that's all and well but when it starts growing into a roaming twitter account whenever people can post whatever they like it starts detracting from the quality of the forum overall. i don't mind the lounge but as is there's a growing edginess competition that really makes me question certain people's motives in joining MB.

as for the OP, absolutely. those threads are worthless and provide absolutely no value to the community.