Music Banter - View Single Post - MusicBanter's 2nd Annual 'Get Rid Of Some Tedious Chain Threads' Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 06:53 AM   #17 (permalink)
anticipation
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
This site is polluted with crap, I've noticed it a lot more since I've been on a bunch in the past couple months One and two word answers to questions asked rhetorically or weeks ago, pointless threads abound, numerous posters who almost exclusivity post in the lounge and non-music forums.

I know I've been one of the loudest but I was quiet for years and will be again if I am the only one or one of a small minority who feel this way.

I think to really solve the problem we need to look at the type of people who start and propagate these threads and compare that to their other contributions to the forum. I see no problem with cutting the dead weight, there a lots of forums on the net, no need to guarantee their right to post in this one.

I understand the concept of fairness and equality, but I also think that sometimes we protect the letter of the law as opposed to the spirit. The idea of having the rules is to protect the interest of the people who make up the community.

I will be happy to except a banning if and when a significant number of this sites members find my contributions to be detrimental to the site.
i thought we all secretly felt this way, but for some reason we all enjoyed getting the inane ramblings and constant bullshit force fed to us far too much to do anything about it.

am i wrong?
anticipation is offline   Reply With Quote