Music Banter - View Single Post - An Ideal God
Thread: An Ideal God
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 12:50 AM   #18 (permalink)
TheCunningStunt
love will tear you apart

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy jack View Post
What is war but a conflict between differing parties? How is that different from the ending of a relationship? One is more likely to have a bloody outcome then the other but they're still cause by the same things, war tends to be a bit more complex but that's because you're dealing with states as opposed to individuals. Still difficult relations and war are both caused by a lack of empathy and understanding. The same can be said of poverty. As far as disease goes...I'm not going to get into it but from a technical aspect you're asking for a perfectly sterile world which is impossible.

It seems absurd to be you consider yourself an atheist and your problem with god is the fact that suffering exists. You're basically rejecting god on the grounds that the world given to you is imperfect; as he never denies it is. Most religion acknowledges human folly, Christianity in particular talks about humanity haven fallen. The worlds imperfections are explicable in holy texts and obviously inherent in the observable world. As I said, your position strikes me as absurd.
I'm not rejecting God on the grounds the world is imperfect. War and relationships are similar? maybe so, but one ends bloody. The other, usually ends with a few tears, a few drinks, time on your own and you find someone else. I can see what you're saying with them having the same principles, but relationships build character and teach you a lesson. Millions dying in a war, it may teach you a lesson. But it's too much heartbreak and suffering. A young lad going off to fight in world war 1, get's killed, the parents of said boy are in bits, lost and heartbroken because their boy fought a war in which towards the end, they didn't even know why they were fighting. Playing football in nomans land. If pain is simply here to teach you lessons and strengthen you, why have 2 things that are similar such as relationships ending and war? why not just have the relationships ending to build character. Asking for a perfectly sterile world isn't impossible if God created everything. God created cancer, why?
TheCunningStunt is offline   Reply With Quote