Music Banter - View Single Post - An Ideal God
Thread: An Ideal God
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 08:05 AM   #55 (permalink)
Inuzuka Skysword
Existential Egoist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog View Post
I'm smashing my head against the desk here.

Its also positives. Or are you saying we need a religion that tells us to plunder and take for ourselves, because the Church of Satan has taken those virtues.
You fall under the category of people who look at selfishness only in its extreme forms, which aren't even truly selfishness. Plundering villages won't make one happy. What would make one happy would be working in that village and eventually owning all the businesses there. See the difference. Work makes one happy. (Also, do not take the scenarios literally. I am not implying that being a rich business man is the only way to be happy.)

I am personally content with atheism. The thing is, people will tell me that believing in the divine will allow one to appreciate things more. When I am sitting out in the woods, I really question if believing in a creator god can make the woods any more beautiful.

Still, if there is a positive aspect of believing in the divine, how can be retain that in a type of theism without giving up the positives that being an atheist has.

EDIT: I thought the Church of Satan was more of an atheist movement.

Last edited by Inuzuka Skysword; 07-06-2009 at 08:13 AM.
Inuzuka Skysword is offline   Reply With Quote