Music Banter - View Single Post - 2012
Thread: 2012
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2009, 09:45 PM   #311 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
But that's assuming that you believe the bible is divinely accurate.
If you don't believe that, you can't use that as a counter-argument, even though religious folks (in that scenario) contradict themselves with it.

If you do, you're being as factually based as they are. But assuming that you don't, then there's no real argument here. It's just another statement against the validity of faith.
I don't believe the Bible is accurate, obviously.

But it's something that's clearly in the bible and can't be spun around.

And if you're a pastor, you should probably know that stuff. But as with any fanatical Christian, they can take what they like and run with it, and ignore what they don't like.

It's like how people use the Bible to preach hatred towards homosexuals even though homosexuals are only mentioned in the old testament, which also shuns the eating of pork and shellfish and condones killing people for doing anything on the sabbath. But most Christians don't consider those rules important anymore because the old testament is considered absolete. And yet the gay bashing sticks around even though as far as I know, Jesus didn't have a problem with them.

So a Christian can of course make it up in their mind what rules of the old testament are absolete and which ones still apply.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote