Music Banter - View Single Post - 2012
Thread: 2012
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2009, 09:55 PM   #312 (permalink)
lucifer_sam
Unrepentant Ass-Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
I don't believe the Bible is accurate, obviously.

But it's something that's clearly in the bible and can't be spun around.

And if you're a pastor, you should probably know that stuff. But as with any fanatical Christian, they can take what they like and run with it, and ignore what they don't like.

It's like how people use the Bible to preach hatred towards homosexuals even though homosexuals are only mentioned in the old testament, which also shuns the eating of pork and shellfish and condones killing people for doing anything on the sabbath. But most Christians don't consider those rules important anymore because the old testament is considered absolete. And yet the gay bashing sticks around even though as far as I know, Jesus didn't have a problem with them.

So a Christian can of course make it up in their mind what rules of the old testament are absolete and which ones still apply.
fundamentalist Christians are, for the most part, some of the most backwards people the universe has to offer. they employ the same gung-ho militaristic evangelism that holds the same spirit as manifest destiny and colonial imperialism (and in many ways resembles it quite a bit).

there are few people i actually hate in the world, Pat Robertson is certainly one of them.