Music Banter - View Single Post - The Quiet Man in the Corner
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009, 11:46 PM   #17 (permalink)
CanwllCorfe
Quiet Man in the Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarko View Post
I was 'lucky' enough to discover this on my computer recently, must have downloaded it months ago without giving it a try. Ridiculously top album

Keep up the gw. Our tastes don't match up exactly, but for the most part I am liking what I am seeing.
Yeah my tastes are quite.. different from most people haha, thanks though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine View Post
Yes, great review of Untrue. I had a really similar experience with the album -- it's appeal surprised me. At first listen I figured it would be something I might put on while doing other things but instead it became the thing I listened to the most for a long time. The whole way through day after day. Also, I agree about that vocal sample in Near Dark. The song is so full of love and depth but then the "I can't take my eyes off you" sample gets its pitch and speed changed so much that it ends up sounding creepy and menacing.
Thanks Yes that's what I was getting at. It really made me uncomfortable when I first heard it cause I was in a dark room with a lot of windows hahaa. But yeah he's such an amazing artist. I know he's considered Dubstep, but he's so much more. I really hope he has a new album in the making

CanwllCorfe is offline   Reply With Quote