Music Banter - View Single Post - VEGANGELICA's Collection
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2009, 10:51 PM   #102 (permalink)
VeggieLover
Music?! Lets boogie!

You know, I actually really like this song. Granted, it was inspired by another persons views of how music should read, but you nevertheless made it something that not only comes from your heart but also something that can reach out to others and include them in your cause.

My mom and I were talking in the car about protest songs (specifically where have all the flowers gone from the late 50's) so I kind of hear this song in that context, not so much with a washboard and mandolin, although the harmonica would be nice. I don't know though, I'd have to hear it, you have knack with mixing lyrics and music to create a very unique flavor.

The only thing that i noticed was the "you shouldn't" bits in the bridge and some of the verses (it works fine in the chorus). I almost exclusivly avoid "you" in all of my writing, simply because I find that the instant I use it, the audience loses touch. I, for example, don't kill pets by throwing them into dumpsters. I'm not sure if its such a big deal in this song since its directed at a certian organization, its just the only bit i could find something to critisize. I also wouldn't know how you'd go about changing it should u decide to, it was just a thought.

Anyway, let us know when you have a recording available, id love hear it!
"Not remotely! Because iocaine comes from Australia, as everyone knows. And Australia is entirely peopled with criminals. And criminals are used to having people not trust them as you are not trusted by me, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you."
VeggieLover is offline   Reply With Quote