Music Banter - View Single Post - wolverinewolfweiselpigeon's Songwriting Journal
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 10:55 PM   #96 (permalink)
WWWP
county fair energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post
Hi wolverinewolfweiselpigeon,
I'm making my way through your songs/poems from the beginning and so haven't focused yet on your new one! I especially enjoyed your emotional poem based on your very vivid dream (those are fascinating when they happen) and agree with reviewers who felt it would be even stronger without the repetition of the fact that it is a dream. The lines I put in bold (above) stick with me the most...they create a lovely image that reminds me of the reality I always appreciate in my life when I see it (the pattern of shadows and light filtering down through leaves of trees as the wind sways them).

Your hopeful offer of love in the bottle metaphor song is very sweet. This song captures the feeling of excitement and trepidation, the hope and some fear, as one offers oneself up to someone else, never knowing if life will go the way one hopes (since so much is out of our control) but hoping it will!

Though the idea of a bottle containing a message is similar to the Police's "message in a bottle song" as one person commented, the tone and feeling of your song seem very different: the speaker sounds innocent and daring, inviting the beloved to recognize the treasure offered. I don't actually remember anything about the Police's "message in a bottle" song except for that line ("message in a bottle") and the tune, which I never really cared for. Your song, though, sticks in my memory. You use great details...for example, you don't just "put" the cork in the bottle, but you tighten it, which instantly makes me imagine the way a cork feels as you twist it and feel it giving slightly against the hard glass of a bottle. Also, you do a very good job maintaining a rhyming pattern (without being strict about it) and a consistent meter.

--Erica
Wow, thanks a lot. I'm speechless...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadis View Post
WWWP is pretty but should be cancelled (digital blackface)

#DEMODFROWNLAND
#TERMLIMITSFORMODERATORS
WWWP is offline   Reply With Quote