Music Banter - View Single Post - Hey dudes/dudettes
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2009, 11:34 AM   #27 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivs View Post
" Moon Rise "

Summer mornings I wonder
Will you take the time?
Think back now,
Did you love her?
Warm, warm grass now

Slept on a dirt road
Watched the moon rise
Watched the moon fall
Witnessed the birth of sunlight
For your smile, there is no price

Stretch out and begin today
Droplet fluidity,
From your fingers
Fascination now,
Arrives as a thirst

We are, you are
I am in peace
In this current plain of
Infinite release

We'll sleep on a dirt road
Watch the moon rise
Watch it fall once more
We can witness the birth of sunlight
Walk through to many doors

The lyrics to "Moon Rise" are about the feeling of general happiness, feelings you get that can't really be broken by bad thoughts. Ones that take you away from the world, and ones that can pull you out of sadness. I find this feeling with my friends, but more frequently just cruising around on my skateboard by myself, trying to go as fast as I can, and also music. One particular event in which music gave me "the feeling" was while I was listening to Pink Floyds "On the Run" on almost full blast. I can't even describe it. Hopefully everyone here knows what feeling I'm talking about, and has also experienced it.
Hi Shivs,
I do know a feeling that sounds similar to the one you describe...a feeling of peace and connection that seems timeless. I suspect people who meditate get to a similar state and I've read that it is common for religious people to feel this feeling (although I am not at all religious).

I like the fact that you are trying to evoke or describe this feeling in your song. One line that I feel detracts from that feeling of peace is when you write about sleeping on a dirt road, because every time I read that line I start to feel alarm, fearing for the people getting hit by a car...and people in the country sometimes drive *fast* on those country dirt roads.

The line "arrives as a thirst" intrigues me, as does "droplet fluidity from your fingers"...the song seems to be about a person remembering the state of being a couple and looking forward to being together again, simply being. It makes me imagine two people sleeping in a meadow by a road, waking with the dew on them (no tent).

Did you mean "in this current plane" rather than "plain?"

--Erica
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote