Music Banter - View Single Post - Hey dudes/dudettes
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2009, 02:40 PM   #28 (permalink)
Shivs
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post
Hi Shivs,
I do know a feeling that sounds similar to the one you describe...a feeling of peace and connection that seems timeless. I suspect people who meditate get to a similar state and I've read that it is common for religious people to feel this feeling (although I am not at all religious).

I like the fact that you are trying to evoke or describe this feeling in your song. One line that I feel detracts from that feeling of peace is when you write about sleeping on a dirt road, because every time I read that line I start to feel alarm, fearing for the people getting hit by a car...and people in the country sometimes drive *fast* on those country dirt roads.

The line "arrives as a thirst" intrigues me, as does "droplet fluidity from your fingers"...the song seems to be about a person remembering the state of being a couple and looking forward to being together again, simply being. It makes me imagine two people sleeping in a meadow by a road, waking with the dew on them (no tent).

Did you mean "in this current plane" rather than "plain?"

--Erica
Hey Erica, thanks for the comment. Yeah, I think you're right, it should be "plane", not "plain". Thanks for alerting me on that one!
Shivs is offline   Reply With Quote