Music Banter - View Single Post - Skinny White Guy Freestyle Rapper
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2009, 11:24 PM   #13 (permalink)
Jester
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
Jester I love you, thank you so much!
Where should I start with this guy?
I had a while where I was obsessed with Eyedea, man. Start with his Oliver Hart album, it's probably the best thing he's done. Then, between E&A and First Born depends on the weather, how things are in your life, or what kind of mood you're looking for.

First Born, Eyedea uses monotony as a tool to sound distant and unhappy. The sounds are spacey, dark, and in general, Eyedea's kind of a teenager philosophy guy - so it's bitchy. Really, I'd say this is their most solid album.

E&A is a bit more uptempo and has its fun and its boring moments, with re-occurring themes of teenage angst. It might be easier to sit through and more accessible than First Born, though.

By The Throat really disappointed me. I thought the sounds were pretty ugly, to be honest. It's a lot more electronic oriented, beat-wise. I've only sat through it about twice.

Also, you want to look up every freestyle you can find by him. He's fucking excellent.

He had a rock project on the side, since he'd rather be a rocker than a rapper, called Carbon Carousel. Let me tell you right now - it sucks. It's just typical teenage angst grunge tinted rock music.

I'll PM you links.
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote