Music Banter - View Single Post - 100 Songs from the Golden Age of Reggae
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 01:01 PM   #69 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin B. View Post
Post Millineum Dub

Dubliftment- The Vibronics Dubliftment was the title track of a double album. vinyl only, UK release by the Vibronics, in 2004. Five years later it gets a lot of play on sound systems in London and New York, although I must be the only person in the great state of Missouri in the US of A who paid 30 bucks to have it shipped to them from London. Most people in Missouri think Dub is a pretty good name for a horse.

The first issue of Dubliftment sold out almost instantly but we are talking about a limited edition run of 5000-10,000 pressings mostly for deejays, remixers and collectors. If a UK boutique label like Zion Train can turn a profit doing limited edition pressings of 5000 albums, I don't understand why the major labels can't turn a profit with all of those quadruple platinum albums they sell, even with all the file trading and free downloading going on.

This is bloody fantastic and another reason why more of us should support independent music. I would love to hear the album in full. Keep up the good woek. Superb journal and a real eye opener for me with some names.

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote