Music Banter - View Single Post - Who deserves the title "The King of Rock and Roll"?
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 08:05 AM   #109 (permalink)
Certif1ed
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by eponymous View Post
Why the heck do we insist on comparing artists in this way. The way I see it, there are three categories: Phenomenal rockers, then there are those that are listen-to-able, then there are the others.

In the Phenomenal rockers category, i dont bother to rank them, that would be useless and I think it would make me have less of an appreciation for the music

That was exactly the scenario I tried to avoid - I wasn't getting into aspects of "good", "bad", "better", "phenomenal" or any other nonsensical opinionated term - I made a case, dependent on criteria, which I think is a reasonably strong one.

Quote:
...and I dont think elvis should even be on this list, unless celebrity is the main factor under consideration. When I have conversations with friends and over the internet about the legends of rock, elvis never comes up.
As I said - dependent on criteria.

And if Elvis never comes up with your friends, maybe he's either taken as read, because he was the first Rock and Roll star proper and hence his legend status is assumed to be undisputed (which, frankly, it is!) - or maybe you and your small circle of friends don't talk about or maybe even don't like his music. Takes all sorts.

Quote:
One of the biggest celebrities, but as far as the music is concerned, not worth a mention.
You forgot in my opinion

Since you don't qualify your opinion, I think you'll find that few will rise to such a tired troll.

Certif1ed is offline   Reply With Quote