Music Banter - View Single Post - HEY NOOBS! Want a band or song recommendation? Don't start a new thread-POST HERE!
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009, 01:33 AM   #1539 (permalink)
roughhty
Groupie

Default I need a new favorite band.

I'm music illiterate. I won't pretend to know alot.
Slowly, I'm starting to retain more knowledge, but mostly, I don't know band names, or song titles, and I'm horrible at music trivia. huzzah!
Currently, I love the Beatles. But people think I'm a poser when I say they are my favorite- since the beatles rockband came out and it's beatlemania all over again, everyone with a emoflip and longboard has the Beatles listed as their favorite band on fb- i'll worship them silently until the craze is over again. I'd like to expand my horizans.
I HAVE been in love with RBF for a few years now- And WILL always love them (I'm going to be Aaron for Halloween, stoked to dress up as a man. Sidebuuuuuurns!) however...
I was introduced to them by my exboyfriend, and they're kind of tainted for me.
There has to be more to ska than rbf. Their has to be more to music than the Beatles and Jimi hendrix (maybe).
Suggestions for bands I should look at?
I've always wanted to hear a good GIRL LEAD SINGER SKA BAND. But apparently, it's unheard of. (And although they are good, I don't consider zolof the rock and roll destroyer ska.) Suggestions for my new favorite band try outs?

Where do you people even find music? I only find things through suggestions and friends, I'm always at a loss as to where everyone finds all this amazing garageband indie new stuff.
Help for the music illiterate? my mind is for the molding.
roughhty is offline   Reply With Quote