Music Banter - View Single Post - The Vietnam War
Thread: The Vietnam War
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 01:18 PM   #16 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan View Post
It's more complicated than this but... one example may be - justification for the killing of innocent civilians (they did it because they had too, acted out of duty, etc) vs. no excuses for the kind of colateral damage (rogue officers, "children strapped with bombs" stories a cover up for their actions, Military not investigating war crimes efficiently, etc).

But you probably weren't asking me that because you wanted to know, for whatever reason you seem to have a problem with this thread and with me in general and I don't seem to remember doing anything to deserve it.
Oh jesus, why don't you have yourself a good cry.

The reason I asked is because no one believes you should kill innocent civilians, and no one beleives it was an honorerable war. Thats why I asked about you wanting it to be the 60's earlier.

I don't know a single person who feels that Vietnam was justified. In fact the president then said "if we're going to go into Vietnam, why don't we go into Cuba since its of much higher national securities interest."

So I don't think, especially on MB, that anyones going to "justify" killing people. And for christ's sake its an internet form, stop assuming people hate you because of their interactions on it.