Music Banter - View Single Post - How satisfied are you with the way members are moderated?
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 03:18 PM   #19 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by toretorden View Post
To Erica,

thanks for the suggestions They are both interesting!

I'm not sure if all punishment should be subject to comment and scrutiny from the regular members. Something peple should remember is that we don't always enjoy our job and on occasion, we make decisions we think are tough. The system as it is with moderators wouldn't work as smoothly as it does if we had to answer not only to other mods, but to the whole community every time we make a decision and having people judge our every move would make us vulnerable and the job more unpleasant .. I think.
I like your first suggestion better, the one where an MB Jury can turn a tempban into a permban.
Thanks for your reply, Tore. I understand the points you make. My first suggestion was to have an MB jury that can turn a permban into a tempban (rather than the reverse)...I think you knew that and just reversed the words, but I wanted to mention it just in case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberNineDream View Post
On another subject, I guess the only thing I find annoying is the big number of censured words. In many cases it does seem weird and not logical.

*Plus it does make citing Herbie Hancock a very annoying task.
Hey, NumberNineDream,
Luckily for free speech there is a way around the curse censor...and it looks like you know it, since you are able to type Herbie Hancock!
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"

Last edited by VEGANGELICA; 10-28-2009 at 03:27 PM.
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote