Music Banter - View Single Post - Gothic Americana/ Alt-Country/ Dark Cabaret
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 08:44 PM   #170 (permalink)
savannah
afrocentric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berni View Post
Sounds great - someday we should meet there for lunch and a show!

I don't know what it is about Texas and great songwriters but the list seems endless. I've been a huge Radney Foster fan seems like forever. TVZ and Clark, like mentioned. How about James McMurtry? Jerry Jeff Walker, Ray Wylie Hubbard, Billy Joe Shaver... there's soo many. There's tons of new artists too, and then the TX/Oklahoma red dirt music scene rocks on.

So much music, so little time.

saddly i dont make it to georgia as much as i once did,.....

but finally someone who can talk texas music,...i mean really talk texas music,...

i've always loved radney foster, even way back in the foster and loyd days,..though sometimes he can be a bit commercial,...
makeing it up as i go along has been a long standing anthem for me

townes van zandt was truely an amazingly tragic figure who contributed much more to country music than those outside of texas often give him credit for

jerry jeff walker i grew up on, as i'm extreamly nostaglic about,....i have video tape of my five year old self standin on a bar in an ice house singin sangria wine long before i ever even understood more than the doodidoodiloos,....though his version of la freeway is my favorite, i fully understand he wasnt even born here and made most of his money on luckenbach folklore, and guy clark covers,....and you know what, i dont give a damn,.....
"just gettin by on gettin by's my stock n trade, livin it day to day,...just pickin up the pieces where ever they fall, just lettin it roll, lettin the high times carry the low, just livin my life easy come easy go"

guy clark,....how dark is it? so dark i can see ft worth from here (no matter what part of the world i'm in)

hubbard,...screw you i'm from texas

james mcmurtry i found by way of his daddy,.....i do have a soft spot for all the last picture show books (but mostly texasville),.....and i'm glad i did,...midnight shows at the continental and antones, just dont call him jamie mac to his face, i dont think he liked that very much

billy joe is no longer a hunk of coal,..

as for the new gaurd,...randy rogers will be the downfall of texas country and he better thank god he has brady black playin fiddle for him otherwise no amount of pitch correction could save him

all that time, wasted
i wish i was a little more delicate
i wish my
i wish my
i wish my
i wish my
i wish my name was clementine - sarah jaffe
savannah is offline   Reply With Quote