Music Banter - View Single Post - VEGANGELICA's Collection
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 05:33 PM   #162 (permalink)
Nicktarist
young gun funyun

Quote:
Interestingly, I was most concerned about the last line of the "bridge" ("No one needs to make others bleed") because it was the one I thought of refutations to, such as: vaccinating children (while not necessary, certainly very, very advisable), and eating animals when humans live in locations such as the arctic or dry, high grasslands, where opportunities for large-scale plant agriculture are unavailable.
No, those are sortof lame arguments. We know it's metaphorical for a bigger more economically based mass murdering.

Quote:
I had heard of 'Life of Pi' but have not read it, so I looked up its summary (on Wikipedia again). An interesting ethical story, that's for sure! Thanks for asking about it...I didn't realize it related to vegetarian ethics issues. I certainly know *I* wouldn't want to be stuck on a boat with a tiger! The story reminds me of a Woody Allen quote that goes something like, "It's just a big restaurant out there" (in nature).
It really is a brilliant book. I know you would love it. Read it twice.

Quote:
Thanks for reading, Nick. Are you working on a new song right now? I haven't seen anything new in your collection for a while!
All the time. I have various reasons for not posting yet--the main one being that I wish to have a ready recording by the time I do post.

peace,
-nick
It only takes one jerk to prove any hypothesis absolutely false. Like, have you ever heard the rumor that you can drop cash on the street in Tokyo and the people are so honest that someone will find it, pick it up, and take it to the cops? Well, that's absolutely 100% not true, because I once found a plain envelope on the ground with "6,000 yen" written on it. Inside was 6,000 yen. I put it in my pocket and kept walking.
Nicktarist is offline   Reply With Quote