Music Banter - View Single Post - Holy heck, christmas time is soon upon us. Christmas videos here!
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009, 07:13 AM   #38 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfAtTheDoor View Post
Mine (and everybody elses that I know) favourite Christmas song. NOTHING can top this.
I dunno, every christmas I go back to the town I come from and people live more far apart down there so I'm always driving between friends. I often listen to the radio when I'm driving and sometimes it feels like they play that song once every 15 minutes during christmas. It's a brilliant song, but I've had it up to here if you know what I mean.

I really like the kind of christmas songs where artists of old lose all integrity and just record yule-****e because they're in desperate need for a buck. Listening to them fills me with a warm sense of .. what's it called? We say "skadefryd" and the germans say "schadenfreude". I guess you could say it's a delicious kind of evil gloat. I take pleasure in the despair it must or should cause millions of fans.

It's also the underlying theme of this thread, though many have not yet noticed The Ozzy/Simpson duet from page 1 is a prime example. It is brilliant in it's horrificness!