Music Banter - View Single Post - Zarko & Bulldog's Trans-Hemispheric Review of the 2000's
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2009, 06:02 PM   #35 (permalink)
Zarko
Barely Disheveled Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schizotypic View Post
Why would this ever be a guilty pleasure? It sounds great, definitely going to get this album. Also Fat Freddy's Drop is one of my favorite albums, I like to listen to it the same reason I like AIR or Boards Of Canada... doesn't really strike me as a fun album though. It depends on your definition, I think Nick Cave is fun because I can get up and dance and sing to some really great atmosphere and crazy-ass lyrics... but my girlfriend will only sing to like Lady Ga Ga- which I admit is fun too. Anyway this seems more, like, relaxed to me then fun. To each is own though, and good review too.
Yeah, I really meant its just meant to be enjoyed, relaxed as you say, rather than attacked analytically. Same deal either way.
Not to mention the fact that I'm the only one in my 'group' that listens to anything like this, or hip hop even. So when I put it on I get a few stares

And the FFD comparison was not actually comparing sounds/styles just how it fits in my music collection overall.

Last edited by Zarko; 12-01-2009 at 06:31 PM.
Zarko is offline   Reply With Quote