Music Banter - View Single Post - Foodbox (Food & Recipes)
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 05:09 PM   #104 (permalink)
Yon Troper
Groupie

I'm usually a proponent of the "throw stuff in a pan and heat it until it won't kill you" school of cookery. Here's my steak recipe, though.

You need:
-Steaks
-Rock salt
-Mustard
-Whole peppercorns
-Garlic (crushed)
-Worcestershire sauce
-Newspaper
-A bucket of water

How to cook it:
-Mix the salt, peppercorns and garlic in a bowl. You now have spice mixture which you can use in other stuff as well.
-Paint the steak with mustard. Sprinkle with spice mixture and add a dash of Worcestershire sauce.
-Do this to the other side.
-Wrap the steak in newspaper and dunk it in the bucket of water.
-Get the barbecue hot (sorry, I should have said this before).
-Put the steak, still wrapped in newspaper, on the barbecue.
-After, well, some time (I don't know how long), take the steak off, unwrap the newspaper and scrape off the spice mixture. It will have partially steam cooked the steak. It looks awful, but that doesn't matter.
-Put the steaks back on the barbecue and cook it until it is done.

Tasted great, but I don't remember the timings or heat, so this recipe will probably be disastrous. Oh well.
True art is not this. This is not art. True art is not this. This is not art.True art is not this. This is not art. True art is not this. This is not art. True art is not this. This is not art. True art is not this. This is not art. True art is not this. This is not art. True art is not this. This is not art. True art is not this. This is not art. True art is not this. This is not art. True art is not this. This is not art. True art is not this. This is not art. True art is not this. This is not art. True art is not this. This is not art. True art is not this. This is not art. True art is not this. This is not art. True art is not this. This is not art. True art is not this. This is not art. True art is not this. This is not art. True art is not this. This is not art. True art is not this. This is not art. True art is not this. This is not art.
Yon Troper is offline   Reply With Quote