Music Banter - View Single Post - Top 10 Rap Artists
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2009, 05:08 AM   #446 (permalink)
dazamaru
Groupie

Another Top 10 list.....here we go.
1. Doom---(Funny, obscure, weird, straight twisted, but the best lyrically Ive heard in a while...his metaphors and rhyme schemes are so well thought out...and his production is just loopy, deranged, but soulful....Mos Def loves this dude.)
2.Q-Tip (yo, cop the Reniassance...one of the tightest jawns in the last 5 years....its got that authentic "Tribe" feel...)
3. Mos Def The "Blackstar" CD stays in rotation...my gurl loves it...and "Black on Both Sides" was like a gem. He is the best of the modern day conscious genre, but his later works (rock albums, uneven mix tapes...ugh) seems to have fallen off.
4. Black Thought of the Roots
5.Mr. Lif/Aesop Rock/Def Jux label.
6.Cannibus (ok, he on some weird metaphysical, quantum physics, 2012 shyt, but he's still one of the hardest voices out there...how he rhymes all this ish is amazing.
7.Nas (just for his body of work alone, his earlier works are classics..studied by college professors....the new stuff....eh..I dunno)
8.Deltron 3030 (one of the best from the West...the and the Hieroglphics Imperium family always goes hard)
9. Eminem (Fugg the race shyt...Em is just consistently good. His ability to flow over different types of beats always amazed me...and he's funny.)
10.Vinne Paz of Jedi Mind Tricks (Vinnie got the voice of doom...like he swallowed glass pieces....his lyrical style is from the Middle East...he's like a mystical gangsta...great production)

Honorable Mention: Lupe Fiasco, Outkast, Jay Z (King of New York), ....uh, T.I. (dont laugh)...The Wu Tang Clan....Little Brother (North Carolina's Best), M.I.A., Biggie...

No Love for : Tupac Shakur, Kanye West, Lil Wayne, Souja Boy....Maybe next year, fellaz.

Last edited by dazamaru; 12-06-2009 at 05:14 AM.
dazamaru is offline   Reply With Quote