Music Banter - View Single Post - HEY NOOBS! Want a band or song recommendation? Don't start a new thread-POST HERE!
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 07:15 PM   #1741 (permalink)
gotjuice
Rose City til I die!

Quote:
Originally Posted by APCTOOL91 View Post
So I've been in this post-rock phase lately with bands like "Explosions In The Sky" and "Godspeed You! Black Emperor" any suggestions for some other stuff.

I wanna listen to some "65daysofstatic" but not sure where to start?
As far as EITS, definitely check out This Will Destroy You, God Is An Astronaut, Mogwai, pg.lost, and Mono.

GY!BE you should check out A Silver Mt. Zion, they're basically Diet Godspeed (several members of GY!BE including guitarist Efrim Menuck). Start with their earlier albums and work up b/c not everybody likes Efrim's voice, and he sings progressively more and more with each album. It took me awhile to get used to it, but I find now I like their later albums because their earlier albums just make me want to listen to Godspeed.

Do Make Say Think is another band you could try, I haven't listened to much of them but have been meaning to for awhile.

Oh and for the 65dos start with either The Fall of Math (my personal favorite) or else One Time For All Time.
gotjuice is offline   Reply With Quote