Music Banter - View Single Post - Which country (within the Anglosphere) makes the best music?
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 04:12 PM   #199 (permalink)
Astronomer
we are stardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberNineDream View Post
It is just some links I made in my mind very far back ago. Just saying "Jazz improv", it was inspired by middle eastern Tarab improv which itself was inspired by Indian Raga... and bunch of other things of this kind, it's just too interlaced as I said to really know how it all came together.
but, imho, English talking countries kind of picked up from all around them but just did everything in a much better way. I guess the whole mix and match did the trick nicely.
You're right, it is really interlaced, which is why it is impossible to pick one country out of a very small list of countries only from the Anglosphere... classical music I think also has had a huge influence on contemporary music and most of it came out of European countries like Germany.

The question of 'who makes the best music' to me is both redundant and ignorant to how the music industry operates and how any kind of art is formed.