Music Banter - View Single Post - Classic Country Albums
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009, 08:30 PM   #58 (permalink)
Flower Child
Account Disabled

As usual Bulldog, excellent review! It never ceases to amaze and please me when I hear artists like Elvis Costello have been brave enough to test the country music waters- and succeed at it like he did! I really admire artists who are so open minded and appreciative of other genres outside of their own, like Costello is.

I really find the songs off the album I've listened to very entertaining because of how unmatched Elvis really is with the genre, and I'm blown away with how easily and naturally he makes it all work. He definitely put his own personal spin on the situation. I really liked 'Sittin and Thinkin' much more so than Charlie Rich's version (I've always thought Charlie Rich was pretty bland personally) and love how his band really gets down and tears it up on this song twanging the hell out of that steel guitar I never thought a country twang could have so much attitide and I love it. Again, great review and thanks for the wonderful contribution! That ones going to be hard to top, you know.
Flower Child is offline   Reply With Quote