Music Banter - View Single Post - The English Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2010, 06:43 AM   #2187 (permalink)
right-track
Atchin' Akai

Tomorrows FA Cup 3rd round tie versus Leeds and the way it's fans and the media are billing this game is seriously beginning to grate on my nerves.
The rivalry between these two sets of fans is and has always been, rather one sided, in that Leeds United fans seem to be under the impression that we, 'the only United' are their closest and bitterest rivals.
The truth of the matter couldn't be further from the truth.
Yes, Man United fans hate the Leeds with a passion, but not because we consider them rivals, but because they are a shower of irritating, wannabe non entities that ride on the back of the glorious name of Manchester United.
They have no reason whatsoever to hate United. I've got more time for City and Liverpool fans when it comes to these matters, as they have a valid reason and the feelings are definately mutual.
To me, these are the true football rivalries and not the imaginations of jealous sheep shagging Leeds fans looking to fabricate a football rivalry on a par with Celtic/Rangers.
We don't care about you! We don't consider you a rival on any level!
Stick to hating Huddersfield Town or some other inbred Yorkshire footballing back water dwarf of a club.
Fuckin' tykes!
right-track is offline   Reply With Quote