Music Banter - View Single Post - Music Banter Hall Of Fame: Nominations Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2008, 02:33 PM   #144 (permalink)
Son of JayJamJah
Occams Razor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piss Me Off View Post
Naa it's still pretty close i'd say.

About the raising the entrance percentage above 50%, i'll probably sort this problem out in the induction threads, maybe if there's 5 artists being voted on they have to get over 20% or something. I'll have to chat with JJJ about it...
My original plan (and the one I still like) calls for a 2\3rds vote from the panel members to get in.

My proposal, and this is or at least should be subject to discussion, was to have members with 1 year experience and 1,000 posts eligible to vote. (I've since thought maybe 1,500 or 2,000 posts or two years)

I think votes should be public, made in the form of a post and cite reasons why or why not. Also those voting should be extra careful to consider their own feelings along with those of the MB community when voting.

For example if a band was nominated by a vote of something like 25-2 it would be unfair for anyone to vote that band down come the induction threads without making a very strong case.

No one is ever required to vote and you can vote yes or no on as many bands as you like.

A induction post could look like this.

Band A: Yes, because.....

Band B: No, because

Band C: Neutral

Band D: Yes, because

etc.

These are my thoughts on the issue. Double X makes a good point and that's my solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboard adolescent View Post
i prefer foreplay. the orgasm is overrated.
If you're posting in the music forums make sure to be thoughtful and expressive, if you're posting in the lounge ask yourself "is this something that adds to the conversation?" It's important to remember that a lot of people use each thread. You're probably not as funny or clever as you think, I know I'm not.

My Van Morrison Discography Thread