Music Banter - View Single Post - Music Banter Hall Of Fame: Nominations Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 03:39 PM   #256 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Stengel View Post
I REALLY don't like yes.

One time in high school I did a page in the newspaper with all these album reviews, and one of the albums was "The Yes Album" and my entire review was just, "No".
Boy are you clever, you sure showed them.

Quote:
As for why I voted no, I dont like them because they're a tedious boring pretentious 70's prog-band, whose unmemorable albums should be destroyed and forgotton before they can spread anymore noise pollution to unsuspecting car stereos and computers.
Did you copy and paste that from Blender?

Quote:
They have little to no relevance today, surely a testament to how insignificant their musical contributions have been.
WRONG. They're still an incredibly influencial band. And calling them insignificant is about the most retarded thing I've ever heard, even the most avid Yes haters would call bullsh*t on that.

They are considered by many to be the defining band of their genre, which was by no means insignificant when it was one of the the dominate genres of rock music in the early 70s, as brief as that was, progressive rock is not insignificant and that is something even prog haters should accept, progressive rock is f*cking huge and people underestimate how popular it is today, and how much of an influence it's had on modern music both directly and indirectly.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.