Music Banter - View Single Post - Music Banter Hall Of Fame: Nominations Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2008, 07:02 AM   #386 (permalink)
Son of JayJamJah
Occams Razor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monkey View Post
There seems to be a very high degree of post elitism here on Music Banter. This isn't an uncommon phenomena (in fact I'm probably guilty of the same thing on boards where I have had a longer presence than here), but it creates a very unpleasant atmosphere and might scare away new members (but perhaps that's what you want).
I don't agree Monkey, I joined a year ago and thought the same thing at first, but give it time and you'll see everyone here is fairly open-minded. The Hall-of-Fame should be an elitist thread. After all if you have not been here for a long time, and\or are not planing on staying why would you care about the hall-of-fame.

Best advice I can give any new members, take the time to get to a know a few people here first and don't jump into subjective arguments until people know you a little better and have a feel for where you're coming from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboard adolescent View Post
i prefer foreplay. the orgasm is overrated.
If you're posting in the music forums make sure to be thoughtful and expressive, if you're posting in the lounge ask yourself "is this something that adds to the conversation?" It's important to remember that a lot of people use each thread. You're probably not as funny or clever as you think, I know I'm not.

My Van Morrison Discography Thread