Music Banter - View Single Post - Music Banter Hall Of Fame: Nominations Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 08:43 AM   #964 (permalink)
4ZZZ
Forever young

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
Arrgh yeah I have read that post and I already knew all that. I am just intrigued as to why everyone voted yes or no. I am just a bit confused as to what this is all about.

You see I thought that generally a Hall of Fame would be based on certain criteria. When I voted Yes for the Beach boys based on Influence, originality etc but was told that that was f*cked ethos by someone who wrote this

Quote:
Just know this: If you hated everything Led Zeppelin ever did and thought they were utter trash, it should still be difficult to vote no. Their influence on modern rock is incredible. Though it would be inconceivable to say that the world wouldn't have any hard rock without Led Zeppelin, it would certainly be much, MUCH lamer.
Now I have heard only about 3 Zappa albums in my life and I have read his autobiography and so therefore like to think I understand his place in musical history.

But.............. I am confused that if I vote yes it would not be a correct vote based on my limited hearing.

But................knowing that he is of Influence, has originality etc I should be voting yes

But................If I do vote yes my ethos would be.....well you know.

So do I vote no as it is, I think, a popularity contest of sorts?

Do you see my dilemma?