Music Banter - View Single Post - Music Banter Hall Of Fame: Nominations Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 02:50 PM   #1210 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Alright so I'm not sure Urban's concern (which is a concern I have) was ever really was addressed.

Despite what adidasss says, i like more than 2 bands but I wouldn't nominate many band because of what I've seen going on in here. Lets take my next to nominate; Cake.

If they managed more positives than negitives, it would be on the strength of The Distance + Sheep go to Heaven + Newbs. Most of the regulars here wouldn't go along for the ride and they'd be boxed out. Now I don't care about them not getting in, but its not worth the effort if we can't make the cause be known.

I think we're posting a band, and most folks are voting one way or another based on previous experiences. Not only that but an obviously flawed voting system. i'm all for democracy, but Plato was right when he said it plays to the lowest common denominator. You need only look as far as this poll.

If it wasn't for Rezz's brilliant "Waits shouldn't get in before Hendrix", I would have less of a face to attach to this poorly designed system. But lets face facts, thats the best of the crop, the worst being the poeple who thing "I don't know them, so I'm voting no." Not to mention that we have two or three people who were MBer's for a day vote in that poll and to what end?

I hate to strike up the ghost of Marjin (sp?) but we need to have higher, tougher standards on things that represent us. I'm not complaining and saying its ****, i'm saying we need to redefine the parameters of what constitues and inductee.

I'm open to discussion, so feel free to let me know what you think.