Music Banter - View Single Post - Music Banter Hall Of Fame: Nominations Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 03:00 AM   #1340 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

I don't necessarily see it as hypocrisy. I think most people who seem (to you) to vote in a that manner do take both sides into account (even if they're not aware of it.) For instance, maybe you're not a fan of the Velvet Underground but you think they're okay. Now if this was all from a subjective point of view you'd vote no obviously. However since you don't think they're that bad and you listen to them now again you then take that, and their influence, into account and vote yes. Now you take an artist like Chuck Berry, you understand his influence but you don't like his music in the slightest - obviously you're going to vote no just because, even though he meets one criteria, he doesn't meet the other more subjective criteria. Basically I think you're being too quick to judge and I think people should be allowed to vote however they want. I don't believe it's nearly as flippant as you make it out to be.