Music Banter - View Single Post - Music Banter Hall Of Fame: Nominations Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2009, 11:53 AM   #1380 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

You should have been here long enough to know that the argument you're using is as terrible as it is ****. Who gives a **** who influenced who? Waits came back from Europe a new man, and Beefheart alone didn't make him.

To suggest that I should vote him in because I like waits in intellectually bankrupt.

He's not my thing at this current juncture and i voted no. Half the genre's you list that he influenced is even more of a reason for me to vote no. I hate most things about punk and its only gotten worse since 1977. The more I "should" vote for someone, the more they influenced "my favorite artists" the more I vote against them.

I didn't know I only had two favorite artists, or if that, by definition, is even possible.

Any by the by, way to discredit Satchmo, arguably the biggest influence on him. You would want to take away credit from a black artist, you racist ****. I bet you're going to be offended by this too, aren't you? Can't take a joke, can you? Well you know what, I think the best thing for these boards is some sensitivity training. I don't know when you sold yourself to the communist party, but you should reevaluate your life.