Music Banter - View Single Post - Music Banter Hall Of Fame: Nominations Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 08:50 AM   #2045 (permalink)
Piss Me Off
Moodswings n' Roundabouts

Well as you can tell i disappeared off the earth. I'm back right now though, Bad Brains are through so lets have one from Lateralus

Tool

Tool are generally described as a style-transcending act of progressive rock and art rock. One of the unique things about Tool is the philosophically profound and often mathematical way they go about music - writing songs entirely in Fibonacci sequences, creating puzzles for their listeners like rearranging track numbers to create a flowing together of songs, and using odd time signatures and other complex musical technicalities.

They also aim to incorporate visual arts, primarily created by guitarist Adam Jones, into their music. Their live shows consist of unorthodox stage settings that draw attention away from the band and onto their audience – they seek to create a musical atmosphere that includes their listeners and promotes thought.

Tool have consistently performed well on charts world-wide, and have sold an estimated 9.25 million records in the US alone, as well as inspiring many fans such as long time King Crimson member Robert Fripp and renowned artist Alex Grey.

They have won Best Metal Performance in 1998 and 2002, Best Recording Package in 2007, and have been consistently nominated for awards such as Best Music Video and Best Hard Rock Performance.

Last FM
Rate Yr Music
Muxtape