Music Banter - View Single Post - Which country (within the Anglosphere) makes the best music?
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 11:12 PM   #257 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboy View Post
I'm an American, I like our music the best. I can obviously relate to it more. But the UK definitley put out more music I like pre-1980, so I give props to them as well. I'm not to keen on current British music. The only bands post 1980 I like are The Clash ( only Combat Rock ), Muse ( I think they are from Europe lol ), Oasis, like a few Radiohead songs and of course U2 ( they count right? ).
that's really iffy, yeah you're right, both the Edge and Adam Clayton were born in England but like mentioned above the band, U2, is from Ireland.

Most bands I like from England that were popular during the 80's actually formed or started out in the 60's and 70's. So I kinda agree about the division line of 1980. There are a few exception for me like The Fixx and The Smiths, they formed in the 80's there are the only one I can think of right now, but you are totally wrong about The Clash They are not a post 1980 band but were quite active in the 70's. There are more Clash albums prior to Combat Rock in their catalogue, you should check them out.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote