Music Banter - View Single Post - Which country (within the Anglosphere) makes the best music?
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 01:04 AM   #261 (permalink)
Phillyboy
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
that's really iffy, yeah you're right, both the Edge and Adam Clayton were born in England but like mentioned above the band, U2, is from Ireland.

Most bands I like from England that were popular during the 80's actually formed or started out in the 60's and 70's. So I kinda agree about the division line of 1980. There are a few exception for me like The Fixx and The Smiths, they formed in the 80's there are the only one I can think of right now, but you are totally wrong about The Clash They are not a post 1980 band but were quite active in the 70's. There are more Clash albums prior to Combat Rock in their catalogue, you should check them out.
Oh god bro please don't think I'm a rookie. I own London Calling, Give 'Em Enough Rope and the self titled debut ( have since about 96-99 when I was allowed to buy my own records ), and greatly treasure all 3. I was only referring to the Clash's 80's output.
Phillyboy is offline   Reply With Quote