Music Banter - View Single Post - Gothic Americana/ Alt-Country/ Dark Cabaret
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 01:19 PM   #204 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by stupidheader View Post
Howdy, I saw this thread, and I just had to join. Loathsomepete, I put you down as the person who referred me here by the way. I am a big fan of gothic country, and basically, evil, dark sounding music all around. Those Poor Bastards are probably my favorite band. Has anybody checked out Antic Clay's solo album yet? Antic Clay was the singer for Myssouri before they broke up. His solo album is called Hilarious Death Blues. Oh, and I would also recommend Hank Ray, check out his album Barbeque of Souls, or Countricide if you want to know more about him. Oh, and I would also recommend Wovenhand(16 Horsepower offshoot), The Denver Gentlemen, Th' Legendary Shack Shakers, Reverend Glasseye and His Wooden Legs, The Handsome Family, Ghoultown, and Damn Laser Vampires. Not all of those are strictly goth country, so, be warned, and also, I would recommend all the other bands that have been posted on here, I tried not to duplicate any. I probably forgot some too....
All splendid choices, and I believe most of them if not all of them are uploaded to my mediafire account. I don't ever recall mentioning Music Banter in any of my blogs so forgive me for feigning ignorance as to your identity. I hope you enjoy your time here on Music Banter.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote