Music Banter - View Single Post - HEY NOOBS! Want a band or song recommendation? Don't start a new thread-POST HERE!
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 06:26 PM   #1885 (permalink)
sidewinder
Engorged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctucker84 View Post
Ok, I really need some new music recommendations...all my favorite bands are basically broke up, and I need to find some new ones. Some of my favorite bands are Ill Nino, 36 crazyfists, slipknot, early taproot, flaw, dog fashion disco, polkadot cadaver, fair to midland, spineshank, system of a down, mushroomhead....bands along those lines. I'm not much into death metal or hardcore, but if anybody likes some of these bands and has some suggestions, please let me know so i can check them out. Thanks,
Quote:
Originally Posted by +81 View Post
Well if you like Dog Fashion Disco and Polkadot Cadaver, you're definitely going to want to look into Mr. Bungle as both those bands are very Mike Patton influenced but they are also broken up so I don't know if that fits your criteria.
Agreed, hopefully you have heard Mr. Bungle, Faith No More, and Tomahawk.

Also, I'm generally not into the types of bands you mentioned but just recently got into Dog Fashion Disco and Polkadot Cadaver. Not sure if you're aware but the singer released a solo album recently, which I just got done listening to for the first time. I thought it was mostly acoustic but half of it seems to be alternative metal like his last two bands. So check that out...El-Creepo! is the name.