Music Banter - View Single Post - Flobots
Thread: Flobots
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2010, 04:52 AM   #18 (permalink)
Captain Awesome
On A Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadrian View Post

I dont think I have heard RATM on my local POP station for one They Might be Mainstream rock but far as I know not considered pop. You can hear Flobots playing right after Britney Spears and Right before Lady Gaga on most pop stations.
"Killing In the Name Of" was the christmas number one in britain this year (in the pop chart).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadrian View Post
I just get sick of hearing the whining of bands in every other song now about the war, which most Military people support
I'm not sure what you mean by "Military people" do you mean the soldiers themselves? Their family? The general public?

One of the most important leaders in the British Military has already said the war in Iraq should not have happened.

It's like flobots said, "we the people did not want war".

Besides, you do realise that they have like two songs on their entire album talking about the war. Only two or three lines in "handlebars" were aimed at the current war in Iraq and afghanistan. They rap about a lot more than war.

I still don't see how RATM are "good" because of their political messages and flobots are not? If you dislike the music then fine but their lyrics have just as much meaning as anything RATM has ever made.

you say, "lame and typical", typical of what? I don't hear many anti-war songs on the radio or in the charts.

I'd rather every single band made songs against the war than songs about their long lost girlfriend or their high school parties and bling bling cars.

Disliking a song is fine, you're entitled to your own opinion. But you could at least have a reason for disliking it.

"If we're all merely players in a play on this great stage,
the problem is the script writers ain't on the same page,
I echo through the mountain when I'm singing in the air,
from my lab a lad with lavish lyrics living in his lair."

"Wake up and listen, hear what's not for the public's ears
Pinocchio poets played by profiting puppeteers"
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote