Music Banter - View Single Post - Gothic Americana/ Alt-Country/ Dark Cabaret
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 06:37 PM   #218 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairborn420 View Post
Hello everyone. Im glad I came accross this thread. I grew up always saying how I hate country music. Then I heard some Hank 3 and realized I dont hate country music, I hate the music that the radio calls country that sounds more like 1980s pop. I havent listened to any of these other bands mentioned on this thread other than one song by Those Poor Bastards so I have a lot of listening to do.
Hah I use to be the exact same, I'd **** on anything other than Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard, and Willie Nelson. I actually found out about Hank Williams III before Hank Williams Sr. which is a little embarrassing but better late then never.

I'll post some links for mix tapes I've made on the original post to help make it easier for neonates in this genre to find what they like and what they don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stupidheader View Post
Well, it took me a while pete, but I have downloaded everything in your mediafire collection. I hope that was ok, I couldn't resist. Where do you get your music?
Quite the feat there, I think I'm up to 70+ files in there, and that doesn't count the stuff in my Megaupload folder. As far as where I get my music from... most of it comes from various sites like Google, Torrents, CD's, and blogs. There's a lot more out there, it's just a matter of knowing how to look for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadShotKeen View Post
Good thread. Big fan of stuff like Drive-By Truckers, Jim White, Handsome Family, Calexico etc. so I'll be checking out some of the YouTube links in here in due course, fair few new names.
Definitely, be sure to check out the mix tapes on the front page.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote