Music Banter - View Single Post - Porcupine Tree - In Absentia
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2010, 02:23 PM   #16 (permalink)
Petula07
♫ Music 'n' Sun ♫

What to say?
I understand opinions of reviewer but... this is my loved band so I have different feelings. Just feelings. When I think about it, I know reviewer has some true but for me music are mostly my own emotions.

This band is for me something what I always needed but didn't know about them. I found them 6 months ago and was amazed. And it's still neverending fascination. Why? I didn't expect I will find some band that will be combination of so many styles and mixture of pop and metal. That's what I really like - catchy (for somebody cheesy) melodies and some heavy parts together.

I love In Absentia, I love Blackest Eyes, Gravity Eyelids, Heartattack in a Layby and Collapse the Light Into Earth.
Blackest Eyes is example of heavy riffs and catchy melodies together - perfect combination for me. I don't have troubles with lyrics "It's so erotic when your make up runs."
Gravity Eyelids is between my top 5 songs of Porcupine Tree. The slow start of song is so erotic and instrumental part so good.
Drown with me from bonus disc is also great song. Not yet between my loved but... there is something very attractive.
Somehow I don't understand why everybody is so amazed by Trains. Yes, this song is great but I don't know... I miss there something. I think for example 3. is much more better...

In Absentia is great but number one will be probably still album Deadwing.

Did you see MySpace of Steven Wilson? steven wilson on MySpace
He has there very very long list of influences... Between them for example ABBA, Opeth, Underworld, Pink Floyd, Dälek, Radiohead, Massive Attack, Alanis Morissette. Than when you know this list, it's not so surprising - Porcupine Tree music is mixture of all these influences

Last edited by Petula07; 02-14-2010 at 02:28 PM.
Petula07 is offline   Reply With Quote