Music Banter - View Single Post - An album a year for each year you are alive
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 09:51 AM   #240 (permalink)
Vancouver
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane of your existence View Post
First, I think I might have been thinking of a different fest, I'll have to look it up when I'm not at work.
But it's been my experience that nostalgia puts on a better show than any band. The combination of remembering your youth, and the fact that actual events rarely stack up to memories means just about every one, and every generation, thinks that they lived in the time to live and saw the shows to see. Especially when you say that no one else can know "the feeling" of the Seattle movement, it reeks of it hard. And the kids of today will remember going to see Why? and Melt Banana and claim the lived in the best era for music.
Trying to be as unobjective as possible, I really do think that now is the best time in American history for live shows. I've seen RHCP, Beastie, Pearl Jam, and Tool. Most of the bands you mentioned still tour. Plus buku new jams. And it seems that bands are touring more feverishly than ever before. I'll try and find that one golden line-up from last year that I was talking about, but at the FFF fest alone these legends played: Lucero, Of Montreal, Mission of Burma, Why?, This Will Destroy You, The Jesus Lizard, Danzig, 7 Seconds, DRI, Melt Banana, Coalesce, Youth Brigade, Astronautalis, GZA, Pharcyde, .
I respect you thoughts and look forward to seeing that line up.

Side note however..seeing Beastie, Pearl Jam, and Tool...now or recently it's not the same..really. Not nostalgia, it was all new ..all fresh...hitting us all at the same time like a wrecking ball, almost too much to take.

Lets do a test then..

Ill name 10 albums from 90-91 you match those with albums from 2004-2009 (in no order)

Ænema =?
Blood Sugar = ?
Siamese Dream = ?
Violator = ?
Nevermind = ?
Dookie = ?
Superunknown = ?
Rage Against The Machine = ?
Loveless =?
Badmotorfinger =?

The face is familiar but I can't quite remember my name.

Last edited by Vancouver; 02-19-2010 at 10:00 AM.
Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote