Music Banter - View Single Post - Should US Legalize Marijuana?
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 01:24 AM   #295 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElephantSack View Post
I find it funny how people that live outside the US can have such insightful opinions as to what's best for the US.
Well, a lot of the pros and cons would go for any nation really. Besides, I don't think it should surprise americans people outside their nation might take an interest in american politics. USA is a huge, influential nation and has a strong influence on the rest of the world. It's not like you're completely isolated over there. Finally, you have to remember that this is a thread on a international public forum called "Should US legalize marijuana"?

I'm not fanatically against legalization. It's a stance I've come to take after weighing some of the what I think are pros and cons against eachother. I think the reason I got interested in the discussion in the first place is there are so many people who have opinions about this who don't really think much further than their own usage. They think marijuana is nice so it should be legal. They think "what's best for me?" and go from there instead of thinking for everyone. Not everyone who's pro-legalization think like that of course, but it seems a fair amount do.

That's fine to base an opinion on, but perhaps a bit short-sighted perspective to base something that's gonna change a whole nation with hundreds of millions of people on. At least, that's what I think and it makes me take an interest.