Music Banter - View Single Post - Should US Legalize Marijuana?
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 08:54 AM   #296 (permalink)
ElephantSack
Man vs. Wild Turkey

^ I can respect that. I understand that the world at large is very critical of the decisions that are made by our government, which has become very fast and loose. But the issues that are effecting most Americans these days are
A) having our troops over in the Middle East, blowing the shit out of people and getting the shit blown out of them,
B) a financial crisis that doesn't seem to have an end and has probably been piloted by world banking interests, and
C) a runaway Supreme Court which is trying to legalize unlimited corporate funding in our presidential elections.

But in my opinion, everybody in the world gets lied to everyday. We get lied to about the reality of things like drugs, sex, politics, war, life, death and religion. And it goes without saying that our government will only legalize and distribute drugs that will keep people happy and producing from inside of a cubicle. They don't want people to have drugs available to them that might expand their mind beyond the idea of the Puritan work ethic.

Either way, legal or not, people will continue to procure these substances, and our government, behind the guise of the ultimate benefactors, allow these drugs to hit every street in every city in my country. It's a win/win situation for them: control the flow of drugs onto the streets, and arrest people when they catch them with it. A sick joke, yes, but also a grim reality.